This is the first pre-Carr Fire prophetic word we have heard.
“And I heard the Lord say that the winds our West. Winds blowing over the state of California are going to be detrimental. Because the wind that was meant to be a blessing and refreshing to the state is going to turn into an evil thing. Because you have dried your ground up. You have made it kindling for hell to set a match to. And when the wind begins to blow it will spread the fire that I did not set.”
[A swirl of flames tearing through Northern California with the deadly Carr Fire. One of the most destructive wildfires in the history of the state and certainly for Shasta County and Redding. Massive vortexes looming over entire neighborhoods while houses on the ground explode into fireballs.]
“For how long says the Lord, do you think California you will go killing and extracting the blood of unborn children. How long will you be able to stand in ankle deep blood of the children. For you are bringing these detrimental and devastating things upon yourself. For I am not sending disaster. It is built into the system of harvest. You are sowing the seeds for your own demise.”
(Was Gerry Gray’s sudden death exactly three weeks prior to the Carr Fire a warning? What greater symbol that the removal of the leader of the city of Redding Fire operations.)
“I’m going to send you a sign. One of your heroes. One of your political or natural heroes (in some other field) are going to fall and will not be able to rise again. And you will know that I have warned you of these things.” The hand of God is the covenant and the system of harvest. The hand of God. The Apostle. The Prophet. The Evangelist. The Pastor and the Teacher. For it has been prophesied in California for these words of prophets are going forth and it is time for the hand of God to move on the state of California.
For there will be fire separations. It will be spoken of and dissected five times. For this thing is upon you.
The City of Redding lost her Fire Chief. Gerry Gray would have been at the helm of Carr Fire containment operations. Other capable leaders, of course, took charge. The prophetic symbol of Gerry’s passing is significant.
…A fragment of charred scripture from the Carr Fire found by a Redding, CA couple from 1 Kings 20:13
1 Kings 20:13 “Then a certain prophet came up to King Ahab of Israel and said “Thus says the Lord, Have you seen all this great multitude? Look, I will give it into your hand today, and you shall know that I am the Lord.” Ahab said, “By whom?” He said, “Thus says the Lord, By the young men who serve the district governors.” Then he said, “Who shall begin the battle?” He answered “You.” (NRSV)
Shawn Bolz Prophesies Romans 8:28 Over California’s Detrimental Carr Fire
“Before the greatest modern outpouring for charismatic and Pentecostalism, there was a great earthquake in San Francisco. It devastated the city, and believers began to pray and act. Some interpreted it as the voice of God wanting to wake people up to conviction. Others felt it was the enemy releasing hell because he knew heaven was about to visit and bring in more salvations than the world had seen in this generation.”
“I believe what God will do in Redding shortly after this terrible week will be historic for the church at large and will help to bring about a window of evangelism and ingenuity to the church that will come across media, both Christian and secular: Breakthrough is imminent!”
211 Norcal: Shelters, Resources, Information Regarding Evacuations and Fire
Bethel Global Response: Updates and Information
Specific Prayer Points
Winds to die down
– Provision (fiscal and practical) covering for those who have lost much
– Peace, safety and wisdom for our firefighters and first responders, as well as our officials
– Joy and hope levels in our city to rise and in the relief centers
– For certainty and strategy to battle the fire and to know its movements
– For total containment
– For the smoke to lift for planes to be able to provide air coverage
– For no more loss of life
– No more damaged property
– Incredible breakthrough in this fire
– Incredible provision
For our city not just rebound, but to be able to fully recover the way God intended our city to.
The Carr Fire burning in Shasta County near Redding has nearly doubled in size overnight, growing to over 80,000 acres as of Saturday morning. The fire is threatening almost 5,000 structures, according to Cal Fire. It has also prompted new mandatory evacuations.
The air chokes with the smell of smoke and chemicals, smoldering what’s left of people’s lives. The so-called Carr Fire roared through Shasta County, so thoroughly eating up homes, that it’s difficult to tell how many once stood in the ruins.
Firefighters continue to battle the Carr Fire, which began burning along Hwy 299 near Whiskeytown, and has burned east into parts of Redding. The fire is at 80,906 acres, and is five percent contained. Two firefighters have been killed. Earlier reports indicated that some injuries had occurred, however, updated government sources are not reporting any additional injuries. Media reports indicate that three people are still missing in Redding. Approximately 500 structures have been destroyed, while an additional 75 have been damaged. Approximately 4,978 structures are being threatened. Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency for Shasta County to free up additional resources, and the National Guard was called in for assistance. A vehicle breakdown is believed to be the source of the fire.
More than 37,000 people have been evacuated in Shasta County. Additional evacuations have been issued for the following areas in the community of Happy Valley:
-Cloverdale Rd from Clear Creek Rd east to Oak St
-Oak St from Cloverdale Rd to Palm Ave, to include Dale Ln, Panther Rd, and Heavenly Valley Ln
-Hawthorn Ave from Oak St to Happy Valley Rd
-China Gulch Dr from Oak St to Canyon Rd
– All residences north of Cloverdale Rd, Hawthorn Rd, and China Gulch Dr
Mandatory evacuations remain in place for the following areas:
-Community of French Gulch
-SR 299 west of Trinity Mountain Rd to the base of Buckhorn Summit
-Whiskey Creek Rd to include the boat launch/day use areas
-South along Swasey Dr from SR299 to Placer Rd
-West along Placer Rd from Swasey Dr to Prospect Dr
-North from Prospect Dr to encompass Middle Park Ranch Land Area
-West of Overhill Dr and North of SR 299
-North of SR 299 and West of Spinmaker Rd to the end of Harlan Dr
-Keswick Dam East to Counter Lane, North to quartz Hill Rd
-North of Sacramento River to Keswick Dam Rd, West of Market Street and Lake Blvd to Keswick Dam
-North at Lake Blvd and Oasis Rd to Pine Grove Ave and Walker Mine Rd west of Cascade Rd/ I-5
-Pine Grove Ave North on Lake Blvd to Shasta Dam incorporating Summit City, North Belt Line and Flannigan Rd
-Intersection of Placer Rd and Buenaventura Blvd west to Thompson Lane
-Buenaventura Blvd from Placer Rd to Westside Rd
-Westside Rd to Keyon Drive incorporating Country Heights and West Redding neighborhood
-Buenaventura Blvd to SR 299 to Placer Rd
-Placer Road from Buenaventura Blvd to Cloverdale Rd
-Cloverdale Rd from Placer Rd to Clear Creek Rd
-Clear Creek Rd West from Cloverdale Rd to Honey Bee Rd
-Shasta Dam Visitor Center
-All of Shasta Dam Blvd
-All of Shasta Lake City
-Placer Rd from the Clear Creek Bridge to Clear Creek Rd
-Placer Rd at Platina Rd to Buell Rd which includes South Fork Rd, Zogg Mine Road, Jenny Bird Lane, Horse Canyon Rd and all residents West of Platina Rd between Placer Rd and Buell Rd
-All areas on South Fork Road from Zogg Mine Rd to South Fork Road to include the areas of Bender Rd, Serenity Dr and Serenit Way
The impacted ZIP codes are 96047, 96019, 96079, 96089, 96003, 96033, 96095, 96087, 96007, and 96001. Shelters have been set up at Weaverville Elementary School, located at 31020 Hwy 3; Shasta College, located at 11555 Old Oregon Trail in Redding; and Cross Point Community Church, located at 2960 Hartnell Ave in Redding. A large animal and livestock evacuation center is now open at the Redding Rodeo Grounds. Smaller animals are to be taken to Haven Humnane on East Side Dr.
The following roads are closed:
-Ashby Road & Lake Blvd
-Beltline at Oasis
-Benton & Quartz Hill Road
-Buckhorn Summit at SR 299 (Eastbound)
-Buenaventura at Keswick
-Buenaventura & Hwy 299
-Caterpillar at Market
-Clear Creek Road & Cloverdale Lane Hwy 299 at Buckhorn Summit
-Elk Dr at Carnelian
-Eureka Way at Court Street
-Gas Point at Clear Creek Rd
-Iron Mountain Rd at SR 299
-Keswick Dam Boulevard at Keswick Dam Facility
-Keswick Dam Road & Quartz Hill Road
-Lake at Keswick
-Lake at Oasis
-Lake at Quartz Hill
-Lower Springs Rd at Swasey Drive
-Market at Lake
-North Market South of Lake
-North Point at Redwood
-Oasis Road & Lake Blvd
-Placer at Buenaventura
-Placer at Mule Town
-Planting Road & Gas Point Road
-Railroad at Buenaventura
-Ridge Lane at SR 299
-Riviera at Howard
-SR 299 from Buenaventura Boulevard to Buckhorn Summit SR-273 at Bonnyville
-SR-273 at Branstetter
-SR-273 at Clear Creek
-SR-273 at Kenyon
-SR-273 at Westside Rd
-Sway Drive & Placer Road
-Texas Springs at Placer
-Texas Springs Road & Honeybee Road
Winds in the area are blowing from the north at four miles per hour, and relative humidity is 36 percent.
Redding is a very nice place to live. The city is largely free of territorial ethnic gang warfare. The housing market is growing. Centrally located on the I-5 corridor, Redding is the gateway to Shasta-Cascade beauty, Oregon, Lassen Volcanic National Park and to the Eastern expanses of Nevada and beyond.
– Senior Leader of Bethel Church TAKE AWAY: Bill opened with the comment, “The Holy Spirit is in every believer but not resting on every believer”. This could certainly be open to scriptural interpretation. His point is getting at a “Presence based Culture”. Hosting the presence of the Holy Spirit.
“THE BROKEN” -Primarily focused on the segment of scripture from the last verse of Isaiah 59 all the way through Isaiah chapter 64. Apostolic Assignment – change culture, culture of Heaven, His values, His Presence, the structures of Heaven in how we do life, His will be done in our Nations.
Isaiah 61:4 – broken ones, “broken unto something”, essentially the commission here is the rebuilding and restructuring of life in communities.
1 Corinthians 2 – “things inherited” – the weight of the assignment.
Isaiah 60:18 – touching world leaders
Praise, Areas of Breakthrough for Someone Else. Amos – Tabernacle of David – 24/7 worship. Isaiah 60:11 – GATES OPEN – PRAISE, Nations, All Flesh, Matthew 5 – “City on a Hill”. In following Jesus they discovered who He was.
– Founder of Bethel Music and WorshipU TAKE AWAY: Foundation of the Word and the Presence of Jesus. That’s It!
– Co-Leads with her husband, Eric, in pastoring Bethel Redding TAKE AWAY: “Relationships / I Felt..”, “Invitation”, “Come Closer”, “I Feel”, “Come in That Close”, “Aware of His Presence”, “Come In..Come In”, “God asking..Candace How Are You?…”Actually God I’m really sad or mad..” “Honest and Real Before Him”.
– Serves with his wife, Candace, on the Senior Leadership Team for Bethel. TAKE AWAY: Ephesians 2:1-10 “Workmanship and Masterpiece” Kingdom Perspective.
Exodus 32..Idol. “After serving and knowing the signs and wonders of the Lord, how do you build an idol?” Eric answers that question. “Because of the silence and waiting. Because the leadership disappeared.”
– Developed and directed the Bethel Healing Rooms. TAKE AWAY: “Keeping the Momentum with God”, “Testimony” ..continues to unfold. Bethel is a healing and training center to serve the Body of Christ. Bethel is not a church planting organization. However, once in a while, Bethel will start a church, most recently a new plant in Austin, TX.
“Recognize that transformation started in God’s heart.” “Laydown and stop my agenda.” On Earth as it is in Heaven. Something that needs to change. Make Adjustments. Redefine what success looks likeaway from words and approval into a loving and nuturing God.
God doesn’t miss the mark. Key here is Matthew 7. God moves according to His gifts not according to my list of needs. Reconcile all things. “Nothing off Limits”
John 8:29 – Perspective Shift. “God what is going to bring you pleasure today?” Invitation to Join God in His Work.
– Director of Jesus Culture Sacramento TAKE AWAY: Essentialy Banning’s point is that the Church, the Body of Christ, is a family and not a business. Thus the core is “Healthy Relationships” based on the three pillars of “Connection”, “Communication”, and “Committment.” All of which leads to MATURITY. Ephesians 2:19 “The Household of God”
The Family thing..serving and maturing.
In a seperate breakout session Banning talked about “How God uses process to grow our lives.” Growth.
The Key question is “How am I doing in that process?” The GOAL is THRIVING (Getting Really Good at what is in Front of Me in the Present Moment) in every stage of the process…in the midst of Anguish. The process brings Authority. John 15:16. Bear Fruit that Remains. Philippians 4:11-13 content with whatever state I am in.
The Word, the Vision, the Seed…developing in secret over time. Laying down roots. Seasons – plant, harvest, grow. TRUST THE PROCESS – God will do it and get me where I need to go.”
– Serves on the Senior Leadership Team of Bethel Church in Redding, California and Jesus Culture in Sacramento, California. TAKE AWAY: It took me a few minutes to actually figure out what Danny was talking about. Essentially he is going through the layers and integration into “Bethel Culture”. The center point or inner circle he calls “THE HOT LAVA CORE OF POWER, INFLUENCE and CONTROL”. This core is able to “spend money”, “do the business”, and “create things”.
The inner core essentially at Bethel is “closed” to outsiders except to the few over time and experiece have built TRUST in RELATIONSHIPS through PARTICIPATION in the VISION. Fascinating stuff.
1. The Welcome Level. Making Adjustments
2. The Investing in Relationships Level…getting plugged in. Willingness to Participate.
3. My People / My Tribe – through extreme trust, feedback, participation and humility.
Danny talked about “Joe Amazing”, unknown people who are self proclaimed prophetic superstars who show up on Bethel’s doorstep and want an immediate inroad to the top eschelon of leadership. Who show up at the church office in Redding and ask for a meeting with Bill Johnson. Who have a word from God. “That isn’t going to happen”, Danny says, “Bill’s a busy guy.”
THE POINT is that the journey into the culture is BEING KNOWN. PSALM 139 “Know Me God”. An outside appraisal to tell me. “Can I grow?” “Can I learn?” Self Appraisal is not as easy as we think. Lose Favor, Be Punished, Be Disempowered.
PSALM 139: Adjustments, torn apart, open before God, show me if there is any path of pain I am walking on.
Danny’s other point here is in building CONFIDENCE plus HUMILITY plus FEEDBACK equals FAVOR and TRUST
GREAT HUMILITY: Accurately appraising my effect on those around me and willing to make personal adjustments (self-awareness)
Confidence plus Low Humility equals Arrogance.
Confidence plus No Feedback equals Missed Favor
Much of this has to do with influencing the culture in Redding, California. The culture of Narcissists.
Finally – Turning feedback into personal growth. “Building Trust is the highest form of success I can achieve in the Kingdom of Heaven.” Very interesting session with Danny Silk. CONFIDENCE: Wholeheartedly believing that I can do what God has called me to do. Quote from Danny “We need you to have confidence (fill in your name)!!”
– A regular speaker at Bethel School of Ministry. TAKE AWAY: Spoke primarily on God’s tremendous Love. That is about it. She is very sanguine and as a little girl wanted a brother. Well..Mother had a miscarriage and Abi was right there and it broke her heart to lose her brother. Her message was on healing the broken heart.
– Co-Founder and overseer of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM. He is also the Senior Associate Leader at Bethel Church, Founder and President of Moral Revolution. TAKE AWAY: Kris is intense. I would describe him as the “meat and potatoes” behind Bethel Culture. He is the best speaker and writer. Actually Banning is the best speaker. Kris by far is the best writer when it comes to actual usable content.
City Culture, Apostolic People, Transforming Cities.
Favorite Quote “Dogs of Doom Stand at the Doors of Destiny”. He repeated this several times.
What would I do if I were 10 times bolder? Fear has reduced destiny. Destroying Fear.
Four Attributes of Apostolic People
1. We are Covenant People – Belong to a Family (this is all in the book “Heavy Rain”).
2. Why are you actually here? The mission, the purpose. Agenda? Fear of abandonment to get what I want – the concubine spirit (intimacy without covenant). Why we are here is for intimacy.
3. Believe in the Impossible thus count on miracles to happen in us and through us. Believe not what is in the cup but what was SAID ABOUT THE CUP.
Dream, Hope, Do not quit, Fire, Urgency, Passion, Faith, Perseverence. Mark 11:24
4. Commissioned to Disciple Nations. Apostle: Sent to transform culture. The wrong eschatology is for the church to do better and the world to do worse. Believers engaged in social change.
Shasta County, Redding, California…Doing something.
Believing in a glorious, victorious church, fantastic future and 100 year vision. Isaiah 2:2 “In the last days…”
I believe God is about to do something.
“How about Now?”
“How about Here?”
“How about on my Shift?”
Kris Vallotton has a very interesting way of speaking. Well developed public speaking skills. His method is a model for improvement in itself.
“I’d like to suggest…”
“I’d like to propose…”
Purpose: Who are you supposed to be with in your network?
Prophetic ThinkTank Brainstorming Session
“…but how many understand?”
“..not only that..
Low self esteem and false humility. The void of God’s people leading. To apologize for being alive is not humility…it’s stupid. False Humility.
Three core values of history makers
1. COURAGE: 10 times bolder, things to do…write down one thing on paper that FEAR has taken out.
“The Dogs of Doom Stand at the Doors of Destiny”
What do I love? What would I do for free? What am I afraid of?
“What I’m getting at is this…”
“My point is this…”
FEAR..The Stories I Make UP. Step out of the crowd and define movements.
“I’d suggest to you…”
Crime in Redding. Ownership, Prayer, Change Redding. Moses was raised a prince to free slaves so that he would think like a king.
“How many understand?”
A spiritual leader has personal victory to provide corporate blessing. Culture of Honor. Raising the bar of professionalism.
2. RISK: Move into the unknown, the impossible in God. Learn how to fail successfully. REGRET will keep me from my destiny.