Redding is a very nice place to live. The city is largely free of territorial ethnic gang warfare. The housing market is growing. Centrally located on the I-5 corridor, Redding is the gateway to Shasta-Cascade beauty, Oregon, Lassen Volcanic National Park and to the Eastern expanses of Nevada and beyond.
Historical Perspective – Apostolic and Prophetic Hub in Northern California – Harvest Rock Pasadena, The Call, Morningstar Ministries, Kansas City IHOP, Redding Little Country Church and the Move of God in Shasta County.
Bethel Church in Redding California is a core component of North State (Shasta County specifically) dislodgement out of poverty, drugged-out confusion and progressive homosexual urban center cultural agendas also known as the spirit of the world. Bethel’s rise and emphasis on healing (Bethel Healing Rooms / SOZO Healing & Deliverance) and prophetic supernatural ministry in Redding ideally targets the flat-line lawless individualism of secularism. How? Because of an emphasis on healing and freedom in the Holy Spirit to develop, know and express the gifts and the call of God through the love of Jesus Christ in healing and prophetic community of saints and relationships within and “on earth as it is in heaven” signs and wonders to the desperate and dark dwellers on the earth without.
God is moving chess pieces around. Redding’s reputation as poverty-flats outpost on the way to Oregon and Idaho; super-heated in the Summer thermal layers of the Shasta Basin, attracting the criminals, drug-addicts, homeless “tweakers”, who frequent the areas of Churn Creek Ave. and the Dana Drive Redding Walmart property provides the perfect backdrop for the light to shine in the darkness. In fact, the “Redding Gold” Johnny Enlow spoke of in his recent prophetic word is the salvation, healing, and regenerative work of the Holy Spirit in the hearts of people. California Culture / Kingdom Culture
3. People are also being moved OUT OF where they are not supposed to be. That is also a lesson learned by experiencing first-hand spiritual and geographical resettlement. Some people are simply removed by the hand of God because they are not supposed to be in a particular place at a particular time; i.e. prophetic predators, narcissistic jezebel ministry targeting, etc. It’s fascinating to watch.
Use hashtags #reddingvictory #hometownvictory #reddingprophetic
Redding is about to experience an amazing resurgence in the moral dignity of the community. Finally, Bethel’s Alabaster Prayer House is a largely unknown 24 / 7 prayer furnace altering the regional spiritual landscape.
There is literally so much Kingdom activity and displacement taking place that these times have to be considered among the most divinely orchestrated and destiny-charged ever. We are presently in a world extreme makeover reality that is unprecedented in its scope and scale. These are revolutionary days of wholesale transformation, and creation itself is uniquely stirred and responsive to all that is taking place. – Johnny Enlow
California Gold and the Redding of California
“…the unique call of Redding, California as a city and apostolic hub for the state. Some of it has to do with the definition of the word Redding. There is a verb: ‘to red or redd’ that means ‘to put in order; to tidy; to clear; to save; to deliver; to rescue.”
Azusa Now 2016: Convergence of the Ages and the Harvest Glory Angel
“I believe Harvey was initially activated in the Azusa Street Revival of 1906, is about 4 stories tall, has a golden-orange hue, and hoists a huge sickle that seems to function as an extension of who he is. He serves and works with the Holy Spirit in harvesting souls and nations.”
O Jerusalem, and Matters of Solomon
“From the nation born in 1776, comes the man in ’17 born 7667 days before the end of The Six Day War. The 6 Day War resulted in Israel reclaiming Jerusalem on 6/7/67 and ended 7667 days from Trump’s birth.”
1958 Western: A Man Named Trump Promises to Build a Wall in Texas
“You can say everything is coming together perfectly, or everything is falling apart right on schedule.” He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. Daniel 2:21
“A man named Trump appears in an episode of the 1950s Western called Trackdown. Trump in this episode is a con man who comes into town declaring the end of the world at midnight. According to Trump he is the only one who can save them by building a wall. Town officials try to figure out ways to stop this “snake oil salesman”. The episode is called The End of the World.”
Mankind created in the image of God was given dominion by God the Creator over the creation. Dismantling natural human male-female gender roles, corrupting the proper use of dominion, disrupts to the core that which is under submission. The trickle-down effect upon the animal kingdom is astonishing. That which men have dominion over is itself suffering the carnage of #genderconfusion.
#genderdestruction is a symbol of mankind’s slavery to creation.
Romans 8: 19-23 “For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God; for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and will obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies.”
Within the McConnell Arboretum and Botanical Gardens located over the Sundial Bridge across the Sacramento River from the Turtle Bay Exploration Park is a telling Earth Stone monolith representing the nature of creation worship. The union of dual-rising phalluses adorned with colorful inset images of the creation commissioned to honor homosexual union.
Genesis 1:26-27 “Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind in our image in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.’
So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.”
Bethel’s Alabaster Prayer House, located high atop the City of Redding, and the prophetic intercessors within, lift prayers to the God of Heaven and Earth. It could be said that the Prayer House and the Pagan McConnell Arboretum Earth Stone represent the dual paradigms of the current debate about the role, identity and dominion of men and women created in the image of God, not only in Shasta County but throughout the nation.
1:20-23 “Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse; for though they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their senseless minds were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools; and they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling a mortal human being or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.”
24-25 “Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the degrading of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.”
26-27 “For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.”
28 – 32 “And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, rebellious toward parents, foolish, faithless, heartless ruthless. They know God’s decree, that those who practice such things deserve to die – yet they not only do them but even applaud others who practice them.”
Earthstone,Turtle Bay’s New Outdoor Exhibit: A Massive Sculptural Art Piece
“Lawrence ‘Bud’ Dillon commissioned the sculpture to honor his late partner Don Oestreicher. Telling [Redding artist Colleen Barry] about his former partner of 18 years and how they’d both loved art, Dillon said he wanted to create something to honor Oestreicher, something the community would enjoy.”
Leviticus 18:22 “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.”
– Senior Leader of Bethel Church TAKE AWAY: Bill opened with the comment, “The Holy Spirit is in every believer but not resting on every believer”. This could certainly be open to scriptural interpretation. His point is getting at a “Presence based Culture”. Hosting the presence of the Holy Spirit.
“THE BROKEN” -Primarily focused on the segment of scripture from the last verse of Isaiah 59 all the way through Isaiah chapter 64. Apostolic Assignment – change culture, culture of Heaven, His values, His Presence, the structures of Heaven in how we do life, His will be done in our Nations.
Isaiah 61:4 – broken ones, “broken unto something”, essentially the commission here is the rebuilding and restructuring of life in communities.
1 Corinthians 2 – “things inherited” – the weight of the assignment.
Isaiah 60:18 – touching world leaders
Praise, Areas of Breakthrough for Someone Else. Amos – Tabernacle of David – 24/7 worship. Isaiah 60:11 – GATES OPEN – PRAISE, Nations, All Flesh, Matthew 5 – “City on a Hill”. In following Jesus they discovered who He was.
– Founder of Bethel Music and WorshipU TAKE AWAY: Foundation of the Word and the Presence of Jesus. That’s It!
– Co-Leads with her husband, Eric, in pastoring Bethel Redding TAKE AWAY: “Relationships / I Felt..”, “Invitation”, “Come Closer”, “I Feel”, “Come in That Close”, “Aware of His Presence”, “Come In..Come In”, “God asking..Candace How Are You?…”Actually God I’m really sad or mad..” “Honest and Real Before Him”.
– Serves with his wife, Candace, on the Senior Leadership Team for Bethel. TAKE AWAY: Ephesians 2:1-10 “Workmanship and Masterpiece” Kingdom Perspective.
Exodus 32..Idol. “After serving and knowing the signs and wonders of the Lord, how do you build an idol?” Eric answers that question. “Because of the silence and waiting. Because the leadership disappeared.”
– Developed and directed the Bethel Healing Rooms. TAKE AWAY: “Keeping the Momentum with God”, “Testimony” ..continues to unfold. Bethel is a healing and training center to serve the Body of Christ. Bethel is not a church planting organization. However, once in a while, Bethel will start a church, most recently a new plant in Austin, TX.
“Recognize that transformation started in God’s heart.” “Laydown and stop my agenda.” On Earth as it is in Heaven. Something that needs to change. Make Adjustments. Redefine what success looks likeaway from words and approval into a loving and nuturing God.
God doesn’t miss the mark. Key here is Matthew 7. God moves according to His gifts not according to my list of needs. Reconcile all things. “Nothing off Limits”
John 8:29 – Perspective Shift. “God what is going to bring you pleasure today?” Invitation to Join God in His Work.
– Director of Jesus Culture Sacramento TAKE AWAY: Essentialy Banning’s point is that the Church, the Body of Christ, is a family and not a business. Thus the core is “Healthy Relationships” based on the three pillars of “Connection”, “Communication”, and “Committment.” All of which leads to MATURITY. Ephesians 2:19 “The Household of God”
The Family thing..serving and maturing.
In a seperate breakout session Banning talked about “How God uses process to grow our lives.” Growth.
The Key question is “How am I doing in that process?” The GOAL is THRIVING (Getting Really Good at what is in Front of Me in the Present Moment) in every stage of the process…in the midst of Anguish. The process brings Authority. John 15:16. Bear Fruit that Remains. Philippians 4:11-13 content with whatever state I am in.
The Word, the Vision, the Seed…developing in secret over time. Laying down roots. Seasons – plant, harvest, grow. TRUST THE PROCESS – God will do it and get me where I need to go.”
– Serves on the Senior Leadership Team of Bethel Church in Redding, California and Jesus Culture in Sacramento, California. TAKE AWAY: It took me a few minutes to actually figure out what Danny was talking about. Essentially he is going through the layers and integration into “Bethel Culture”. The center point or inner circle he calls “THE HOT LAVA CORE OF POWER, INFLUENCE and CONTROL”. This core is able to “spend money”, “do the business”, and “create things”.
The inner core essentially at Bethel is “closed” to outsiders except to the few over time and experiece have built TRUST in RELATIONSHIPS through PARTICIPATION in the VISION. Fascinating stuff.
1. The Welcome Level. Making Adjustments
2. The Investing in Relationships Level…getting plugged in. Willingness to Participate.
3. My People / My Tribe – through extreme trust, feedback, participation and humility.
Danny talked about “Joe Amazing”, unknown people who are self proclaimed prophetic superstars who show up on Bethel’s doorstep and want an immediate inroad to the top eschelon of leadership. Who show up at the church office in Redding and ask for a meeting with Bill Johnson. Who have a word from God. “That isn’t going to happen”, Danny says, “Bill’s a busy guy.”
THE POINT is that the journey into the culture is BEING KNOWN. PSALM 139 “Know Me God”. An outside appraisal to tell me. “Can I grow?” “Can I learn?” Self Appraisal is not as easy as we think. Lose Favor, Be Punished, Be Disempowered.
PSALM 139: Adjustments, torn apart, open before God, show me if there is any path of pain I am walking on.
Danny’s other point here is in building CONFIDENCE plus HUMILITY plus FEEDBACK equals FAVOR and TRUST
GREAT HUMILITY: Accurately appraising my effect on those around me and willing to make personal adjustments (self-awareness)
Confidence plus Low Humility equals Arrogance.
Confidence plus No Feedback equals Missed Favor
Much of this has to do with influencing the culture in Redding, California. The culture of Narcissists.
Finally – Turning feedback into personal growth. “Building Trust is the highest form of success I can achieve in the Kingdom of Heaven.” Very interesting session with Danny Silk. CONFIDENCE: Wholeheartedly believing that I can do what God has called me to do. Quote from Danny “We need you to have confidence (fill in your name)!!”
– A regular speaker at Bethel School of Ministry. TAKE AWAY: Spoke primarily on God’s tremendous Love. That is about it. She is very sanguine and as a little girl wanted a brother. Well..Mother had a miscarriage and Abi was right there and it broke her heart to lose her brother. Her message was on healing the broken heart.
– Co-Founder and overseer of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM. He is also the Senior Associate Leader at Bethel Church, Founder and President of Moral Revolution. TAKE AWAY: Kris is intense. I would describe him as the “meat and potatoes” behind Bethel Culture. He is the best speaker and writer. Actually Banning is the best speaker. Kris by far is the best writer when it comes to actual usable content.
City Culture, Apostolic People, Transforming Cities.
Favorite Quote “Dogs of Doom Stand at the Doors of Destiny”. He repeated this several times.
What would I do if I were 10 times bolder? Fear has reduced destiny. Destroying Fear.
Four Attributes of Apostolic People
1. We are Covenant People – Belong to a Family (this is all in the book “Heavy Rain”).
2. Why are you actually here? The mission, the purpose. Agenda? Fear of abandonment to get what I want – the concubine spirit (intimacy without covenant). Why we are here is for intimacy.
3. Believe in the Impossible thus count on miracles to happen in us and through us. Believe not what is in the cup but what was SAID ABOUT THE CUP.
Dream, Hope, Do not quit, Fire, Urgency, Passion, Faith, Perseverence. Mark 11:24
4. Commissioned to Disciple Nations. Apostle: Sent to transform culture. The wrong eschatology is for the church to do better and the world to do worse. Believers engaged in social change.
Shasta County, Redding, California…Doing something.
Believing in a glorious, victorious church, fantastic future and 100 year vision. Isaiah 2:2 “In the last days…”
I believe God is about to do something.
“How about Now?”
“How about Here?”
“How about on my Shift?”
Kris Vallotton has a very interesting way of speaking. Well developed public speaking skills. His method is a model for improvement in itself.
“I’d like to suggest…”
“I’d like to propose…”
Purpose: Who are you supposed to be with in your network?
Prophetic ThinkTank Brainstorming Session
“…but how many understand?”
“..not only that..
Low self esteem and false humility. The void of God’s people leading. To apologize for being alive is not humility…it’s stupid. False Humility.
Three core values of history makers
1. COURAGE: 10 times bolder, things to do…write down one thing on paper that FEAR has taken out.
“The Dogs of Doom Stand at the Doors of Destiny”
What do I love? What would I do for free? What am I afraid of?
“What I’m getting at is this…”
“My point is this…”
FEAR..The Stories I Make UP. Step out of the crowd and define movements.
“I’d suggest to you…”
Crime in Redding. Ownership, Prayer, Change Redding. Moses was raised a prince to free slaves so that he would think like a king.
“How many understand?”
A spiritual leader has personal victory to provide corporate blessing. Culture of Honor. Raising the bar of professionalism.
2. RISK: Move into the unknown, the impossible in God. Learn how to fail successfully. REGRET will keep me from my destiny.